- August 10, 2020
- Posted by: Editor
- Category: Law
Foreign citizens and investors who come to Mauritius must deal with various legal actions depending on the operations they need to complete. No matter if they need assistance in relocating here or opening a company, our lawyers in Mauritius are at their disposal with various legal services.
Below, we invite you to find out how our lawyers in Mauritius can guide you through the legal system of the insular state. We are at your service with complete company formation packages in Mauritius.
Services provided by our lawyers in Mauritius
When coming to Mauritius, it is good to check the legal requirements one must meet in depending on his or her purpose. For this, the advice of a lawyer who can provide information on immigration procedures is helpful. Our lawyers in Mauritius can offer such services alongside others, among which the following listed below:
- full company formation services in Mauritius which imply document preparation and filing with the local authorities;
- legal assistance in setting up trusts, investment funds and other legal vehicles;
- real estate purchase assistance which will be tailored to the needs of the clients;
- legal assistance in contractual matters – due diligence and agreement drafting services;
- legal assistance in disputes outside the court or with the Mauritius courts of justice;
- tax legislation advice in order to understand how to benefit from the advantages this country offers.
If you need any other services, you can rely on our lawyers who can help you with the business registration procedure in Mauritius and other connected matters.
Immigrate to Mauritius with the help of our lawyers
Those who find Mauritius very appealing can move here by applying for a residence permit. The formalities to complete are not many, however, the assistance of a lawyer can speed up the procedure quite a lot.
Our lawyers in Mauritius can help foreign citizens in preparing the immigration documents, reviewing the application dossier and verification of the application status with the local authorities, so the client is always up-to-date with the latest changes in his or her immigration status.
Open a company in Mauritius with us
Most foreign investors who come to Mauritius are attracted by the thriving business environment, which is why our lawyers are at their service with complete company formation packages. These imply:
- advice on choosing the legal structure;
- document preparation, notarization and filing with the Trade Register;
- tax registration;
- bank account opening;
- business licensing.
We can help you open offshore companies and offshore bank accounts in Mauritius, some of the most sought services here. Apart from these, our lawyers can offer assistance in the creation of various estate planning legal vehicles, such as trusts.
Buy a property in Mauritius with the help of our lawyers
Real estate purchases are very appealing in Mauritius because of the attractive prices compared to European jurisdictions. Our lawyers in Mauritius are at your service if you want to buy various types of properties – from apartments to houses or even commercial buildings.
We can verify the selected property through a thorough real estate due diligence process, which also implies the preparation of the documents and sale-purchase agreement in order to finalize the transaction. Furthermore, we can assist with the registration of the property with the Land Register.
We remind you that if you are interested in buying a commercial property with the purpose of company registration in Mauritius, our lawyers can help you.
Legal representation in the courts in Mauritius
There are cases in which disputes cannot be avoided, however, foreign citizens and investors involved in such proceedings need not worry as our lawyers in Mauritius are at your service with legal advice in order to avoid court proceedings which are usually long and tiresome. However, if the case ends in court, our lawyers can represent you.
Why choose our legal services in Mauritius?
The Mauritius legal system is quite comprehensive and having the assistance of experienced lawyers is very important. You can rely on us for various matters which range from simple to complex ones so that you don’t have to find it hard to move through the legal system of this country.
If you are attracted by the idea of coming to Mauritius, the official website of the Government offers the following data on the country:
- Mauritius is an island with a population of 1,3 million inhabitants;
- in 2018, the country’s economy increased by 3.8%;
- according to the World Bank, Mauritius ranked first and 20th among African states, respectively in the world in the 2019 Ease of Doing Business Index;
- Mauritius has an Exclusive Economic Zone which expands over 2,3 million sqm.
For more information on the services provided by our lawyers in Mauritius, please contact us.