Foreign citizens and investors seeking to relocate to Mauritius will find this country very appealing for a number of reasons. However, moving to Mauritius implies complying with various requirements and getting acquainted with local regulations, case in which it is much simpler to ask for professional services.
With vast experience in legal matters, including company formation, residency, and even real estate purchase, our agents in Mauritius can offer complete relocation services for those planning to move here from every corner of the world.
Table of Contents
Relocation services provided by our specialists in Mauritius
Moving to another country implies a lot of formalities, and Mauritius, like all other countries, has its own regulations foreign citizens need to respect. This is one of the main reasons, our officers in Mauritius provide various relocation packages that can be tailored to the client’s needs.
If you want to want to move to Mauritius for business purposes, the following relocation services are available:
- company registration services and everything this procedure implies;
- residence or work permit application, if you want to conduct your business here;
- personal and corporate bank account opening services, including offshore bank account. The opening of a bank account is available to non-Mauritians, but they are often only permitted to open a savings account for everyday transactions, internet banking, transfers, and withdrawals. You will receive a debit card for ATM withdrawals and direct debit payments if you have a savings account. Do not hesitate to get in touch with us to open a bank account in Mauritius rather quickly.
- assistance in finding commercial and residential real estate adapted to your requirements;
- legal guidance in hiring local or foreign employees for your company;
- accounting services, which imply tax and VAT registration, payroll, annual tax filings, etc.
If you are interested in business registration in Mauritius, you can rely on our local consultants no matter the type of entity you want to set up here. We can also assist those who want to open offshore companies in Mauritius.
The island of Mauritius is the perfect place for Forex business promoters. A global business license is available here, and it can be used by both introducing brokers and direct brokers in the forex market. Numerous renowned brokers hold Forex licenses in Mauritius, and the certification is recognized globally.
We can also assist with the re-domiciliation of companies to Mauritius, where the legislation of the country of origin allows it.
If you are a foreign citizen seeking to relocate to Mauritius, our services include:
- assistance in choosing the appropriate type of visa for temporary or permanent relocation;
- legal guidance during the visa application procedure;
- assistance in renting or buying a property in Mauritius;
- notarization services for any document you need to file with the local authorities;
- documents verification, especially when it comes to employment offers or contracts;
- registration for taxation, social security and national healthcare.
If you have any questions about our relocation services in Mauritius, our local advisors are at your service with detailed answers.
Those who have lived in Mauritius lawfully for the required amount of time may apply for naturalization to become citizens. Among the requirements to obtain Mauritius citizenship are having lived here for 5 or 7 years (depending on the residence permit held) and having lived here without interruptions in the 12 months prior to application.
Assistance in obtaining a visa for Mauritius
The first step to complete when relocating to another country, no matter if you plan on working or set up a company in Mauritius is to seek the type of visa you need. If you don’t want to waste time by looking on the internet for options and opinions, you can directly email us some information on your situation to which we will respond promptly with all the details you need to get started.
There are several types of visas you can apply for when moving here, however, the residence permit is the most employed, as it offers various benefits. This is also one of our first relocation services in Mauritius.
Our services include assistance in preparing and reviewing the immigration documents that need to be filed with the Passport and Immigration Office in Mauritius and updates on the application status. During this time, you can start looking for a property to rent or buy.
Once you have found the right real estate, we can verify it and if everything is OK, start preparing the documents in order for you to move directly in upon arrival.
Our Mauritius company formation agents will then start to prepare the documents for registering a business if you plan to start one here. We can also provide support if you want to apply for Mauritius citizenship by investment scheme.
You may also be eligible for Mauritius citizenship through descent if at least one of your parents is a native of the country. No matter where you were born, you are eligible to apply for this option. According to sections 20 and 23 of the Constitution, a person born outside of Mauritius is a citizen of Mauritius. You can obtain legal advice on this subject from our immigration lawyers.
In Mauritius, non-residents are permitted to open a bank account, often a savings account with regular transaction, transfer, and withdrawal privileges. According to the internal policies of the selected institutions, various minimum deposits are needed to open accounts. If you need support in opening a Mauritius bank account, feel free to contact us.
Legal support after moving to Mauritius
Our relocation services can also continue after you have successfully moved to Mauritius. We will be there to help you register with all the relevant authorities in order to lead a normal life here and benefit from all advantages this beautiful island has to offer.
We are also at your disposal with accounting services in Mauritius.
Why move to Mauritius?
There are plenty of reasons to move to Mauritius, and among them, we can mention the following:
- the weather here is excellent, with more than 300 sunny days every year;
- in terms of taxation, the personal income and corporate levy is set at 15% for resident taxpayers;
- companies can benefit from tax incentives which can be translated into a corporate tax rate of only 3%;
- Mauritius is located at the crossroads of Asia and Australia, and it only takes a 4-hour flight to get to Dubai from here.
For complete relocation and legal services in Mauritius, please contact our local consultants.